Wet Lab 3 (MEB 2473, 700 sq ft) is dedicated to various types of biomechanical testing including material testing and analysis of whole joint kinematics. It is equipped with a dedicated dissection area.
- A/D hardware/software
- Qualisys high-resolution motion analysis system with 1 camera
- Spicatek Digitial Motion analysis system with 3 cameras (Pulnix 1024x1024x30 fps) and high-magnification optics
- 3 eight-channel signal conditioner/amplifiers
- active filters, power supplies
- A/D equipment, force, pressure and strain transducers with appropriate circuitry
- fume hood and freezer
This lab houses three material testing systems:
- a MTS Bionix 858 servohydraulic test machine
- a custom-built high resolution (0.3 microns) mini-materials test machine
- a custom-built electromechanical multiaxial materials test machine.
Three computers are used for control and data acquisition, and the lab includes desk space for one person.